Tuesday, August 5, 2008

**Baby not Included**

This past weekend, my very best friend, Jenifer, and my wonderful Mother-in-Law & Sister-in-Law, Joy & Alice, threw me a baby shower for our newest edition. It was wonderful! We received many adorable things to dress our little man in, plenty of diapers (thank goodness!!!), and several great keepsake blankets from our family. My wonderful Mother had pity on her poor grandson and bought him a new carseat! Hooray!! This has been a source of anxiety for me since my old carseat was, unfortunately, not correctly stored by my child's father (he left it in his workshop) and our cat has been using it his own little bed since Trevor outgrew it. Imagine my surprise to have Donovan drag it out and I find it so dirty I can't get it clean. I dreaded having to clean that thing up and put my new baby in it...so, Mom got him a brand new one and it's fabulous! It's just too bad I'll only be able to use it on one baby! haha There were, of course, many comments about my every growing belly...I'm just about to outgrow my maternity shirts even though I haven't gained much....but the day was filled with love and affection and I had a wonderful time! Thank you to everyone that made it so memorable for me! My bags are packed, the carseat is installed, the boys are prepped, and all we need now is.....a baby!!


Shirley couldn't wait to help open presents!
I had my very own little helper that day :-)
This is a great blanket that Aunt Sis made Nicholas...it's longer than I am tall, so this is only half of it. The older boys are already arguing over who gets to use it first! haha
Keeping Mom busy writing down gifts
checking out Nicholas's new carseat
Yep, Mom, I'm about to outgrow this one too :-D
Mmmmm, waiting patiently for cake
Caught me when I wasn't looking...what a belly!
Everyone should have a cheesy grin and big belly!!

1 comments:

Becky said...

I've been thinking that it is getting very close to "baby" time. I know Mandy really liked getting some new things for Ben, after two boys had been through things they looked a little rough. Your Pa is doing well,but still has to take it easy. I think he wants to contact you so if it is okay I'll give him your email address. Good Luck with the baby, we'll be looking for news :)