Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What a Kid!

August 14 marked the first day of school for my big first grader and we had another surprise in store for that same evening! He was so excited for school to start this year. He was completely prepared..right down to his Spiderman backpack and cool new Spiderman lunchbox. He informed me before school that morning that he thought all the kids would LOVE his new lunchbox. haha I wanted to get some pictures of him before we left that morning and all he would say was "make sure you get my lunchbox in there Mom!". He had a great first day and I hope that he keeps up his love for learning through the years.
Now the other part of this blog is about a very stubborn tooth. Not only was the tooth stubborn, but Ian proved to be quite stubborn too! We've been patiently waiting for a few weeks now to yank his first loose tooth...he wasn't wanting us to do it and fought us every time we tried to even look at it. Finally he comes to me on Thursday and asks me to wrap a paper towel around his tooth because he wanted to pull it himself. haha Well, he did try but it didn't work out like he wanted it to...so......Dad FINALLY got to have a go at it. Ian was a little shocked once he was holding it in his hand and he carried around an old compact mirror for the rest of the evening so he could look at his new "hole". Now when it came time for bed he refused to put the tooth under his pillow for the Tooth Fairy. He insisted that we put the tooth in a plastic baggie and tape it to the side of his bunkbed so that the tooth fairy for sure would see it. haha As soon as I woke him up the next morning, he popped over the side of the bed and exclaimed "ohhhh, there's money!!!" I guess the Tooth Fairy did good this time! haha

All dressed up and ready for his first day back!



Look at my "hole" :-)
Okay, for those that are wondering about the string around the ear.....Ian informed me that this was his "Aniken Skywalker braid"....he's a huge Star Wars fan and this is part of his disguise when he's in Jedi mode. I've tried hiding the string, but he keeps finding it again! haha
The very proud owner of a shiny new Golden Dollar straight from the Tooth Fairy

2 comments:

Becky said...

What a handsome little man you have! Once they go to school all day they seem to really grow up fast. Emily started first grade also, but she is not sure about all day school. She does like taking her lunch, though:)

Annie said...

HOw cute is he about his lunch box. I remember those days when lunch boxes were so fun to pick out. I'm really glad he had a great first day of school. Anxiously awaiting news of the arrival of your baby!!!!