Monday, April 6, 2009

Master of the Beaters

Well I've discovered something else Nicky really, really likes.......licking the beaters! That's right, he really likes to help me clean up after making icing for my cakes. Usually Trevor is my beater licker, now he has competition for one of his favorite pasttimes. I spent this last Saturday making a cake for my wonderful father-in-law's birthday. Trevor was as usual right under my feet the whole time (mainly to sneaks fingerfulls of icing) and Nicholas was content to hang out in his high chair and watch me work. He got pretty excited when I turned the mixer on so Trevor decided to share the beaters with him this time. Boy did he LOVE it! He had more icing on him than he actually got in his mouth but he sure was having a good time with it. Here are a few pictures of my little guy painting himself with the icing leftovers.




Mmmmm...the icing passed the test....now we need cake!!

My very first time making the golf bag cake....not too bad even though the humidity was giving me quite a bit of trouble with the icing.

**For those of you that may have tried calling me this past week...my phone is working now and you should be able to reach me. I didn't realize I was missing calls until this weekend! Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Nanny said...

what a cute baby.....his Nanny & Poppy sure love him and his big brothers.....

Nan said...

by the way the cake was wonderful as usual.....

Becky said...

You do an awesome job with your cakes. And I am with your boys, I STILL love to lick the beaters and I'm rather messy with it myself.