Friday, January 30, 2009

Bonfire in the Snow???

Yay!! The ice/snow has moved out of the area and we were lucky...the worst of it skipped us this time and we made it through with our power intact even though the roads were a mess! Well, we have been waiting and waiting to burn all of our boxes that have been accumulating on our back porch and since everything was buried under the ice and snow (no chance of catching anything on fire luckily), we hauled everything outside for a bonfire in the snow! The kids LOVE to make bonfires and they really got a kick out of playing outside in the snow and having a spot to warm up at. Let me tell ya, it was really, really cold! I finally got Nicholas to sleep and ran outside for a few minutes to partake in the fun...I think i won that first round of snowball fights! lol I was only able to catch a few pictures of our time outside unfortunately. It was so cold that my camera wasn't wanting to work properly and me being the blonde that I am was trying to check my batteries and ended up dropping them in the snow. Oops!! Well after that the camera definitely wasn't working! So, here are the very few pics that I was able to snap before my little flubber. We had a good time....snowball fights, snow angels, a bonfire, and topped it all off with mugs of delicious hot cocoa!


Nicholas was content to sleep away while we all went out to play:-)
Getting all bundled up for the cold

He kind of reminded me of Randy from A Christmas Story..."I can't put my arms down"!! haha
Ian also got all bundled up for the cold...can't go out without your warm bib overalls, ya know?
At least the boxes burned...guess the brush will have to wait til another time. :-)
Trevor gathering up a snowball...

Got ya!!! Ian is getting alot better at his aim! haha
Then of course, Dad got out his "shield" and the battle was on!
Trevor's little icy hands....he was ready to go inside at this point.

0 comments: