Thursday, January 22, 2009

Are We in Sherwood Forest??

Last year marked the first time that Ian was able to go hunting with his Daddy. Now, Donovan is an avid hunter and will "bag & tag" anything that he can and now Ian is really getting into the hunting spirit....and yes we eat what they get! Well, Ian received his very own hunting gear for Christmas which included new outerwear and his very own bow! Yesterday was such a nice day that after school all my boys headed outside for a little archery lesson. As I was in the house trying to settle down a crabby baby, Donovan comes running inside and tells me to bundle up Nicky and come outside because I HAVE to see how Ian was doing shooting his bow. So, out we went to witness our young Robin Hood at work and I have to say that I am soooo proud of him! They both wanted me to see the "pattern" that Ian had already shot and I was pretty impressed with his results (definitely better than what I can do with a bow, I'm a little challenged in the archery division). Ian was on a role though and really wanted me to see him in action. It was great! His Daddy has done a fine job helping to guide him through the steps and he was beaming with pride over Ian's accomplishments. Here are a few pics of our little man showing his Momma how Robin Hood would do it! :-)


This was his first round of shots...not too bad...and yes, he made his own target too!


Nicholas and Daddy watching from the sidelines

Are you watching, Mom??
Lining up his shot very carefully.....

Ready, Aim....
FIRE!!!
Pretty darn good for a 6 year old!!
Wow!! He hit the bullseye!!! Watch out Bambi, our little bowhunter will be on the loose soon! :-P

0 comments: