Monday, June 22, 2009

One Expensive Fish......

Father's Day 2009 has made it's way past us and it will definitely be one to remember as we spent most of the day at the ER! Luckily it wasn't one of my boys that had to make the trip....no, it was the man of the day....their Father! Saturday evening, Donovan headed to the river with his buddy, Rick, to set his "limb" lines in hopes of catching himself another big catfish. That part went off without a hitch...they set the lines and went back yesterday morning to check it out and hit the jackpot! 2 good sized Catfish were waiting for them. Still, no problems were foreseen by us. Then it came to cleaning said fish......just after laying Nicholas down for a short nap, I started to get all our stuff together to head to Alice's house for lunch, when in runs my husband....with a blood covered hand! Come to find out, that new filet knife I got him LAST year was pretty darn sharp. As he was cleaning his fish, a slip of the knife happened, and next thing you know he's trying to cut off a finger! Normally blood doesn't bother me, I mean I've done wound care on amputees before, but I was amazed at how much was running out of him. I threw on my clothes, snatched up the sleeping baby, threw the kids in the truck, and hauled their Dad off to the ER. Come to find out he had knicked an artery in that finger. After several hours, a lot of blood loss (he was kinda pale and pretty wornout last night) , a couple of stitches, a tetanus shot & antibiotics, and one bummed out husband later...we finally made it to Alice's for one heck of a good meal. The kids finally got to give him their presents and Ian even made up a Happy Father's Day song that he serenaded his Daddy with. Then we all had some chocolate cake and called it a day. What a day it was.....and to think that he calls ME clumsy!!! (I didn't get any pics of the 2 catfish that started the whole fiasco...things just happened too quickly)....

Although this wasn't the one that landed him in the ER...he wanted me to brag about it.....17lbs of catfish!! It was a big one!
These are some seriously weird fish...a Gar....this one was 50in long!!
Ian pulled out his own tooth this weekend!! He was so proud of himself!
Trevor always thinks he should lose a tooth too when Ian does....he wanted a picture of his teeth too!
Nicholas doing what he does best...getting into everything!
Dog pile on Daddy!! My boys are the best alarm clock in the world!! There is no "snooze" button on them! haha
My first BBQ grill cake that I made for Father's Day....it's all edible!

0 comments: