Monday, May 18, 2009

This Little Piggie....

....went home with Zac!! LOL This past weekend we celebrated my brother's 30th birthday! Wow!! I, of course, had to tease him about turning 30 and then it hit me that I'm really not that far behind him! We all headed to Mom and Craig's house on Saturday for a good ole' cajun boil. Now for those of you who haven't ever had the opportunity to experience a boil, it basically consists of throwing some good veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, and onions in with whatever meat you desire! They chose to do sausages and shrimp along with a whole gob of spicy cajun seasonings....boil the whole pot together and spread it all out on a big long table...grab a fork and dig in! It was soooo good! Even my picky eaters "pigged out".
Now, on to the part about the pig. My mother, being the animal collector that she is, just could not pass up it up when she was offered a free (yes, FREE) pot-bellied piglet. Just 4 weeks old and extremely scared of people to boot! Well, after a rousing game of "catch the wild piglet" around a quiet Monett neighborhood (which led to an eventual tumble down a hill for my poor mother), she decided that just because it is free doesn't always mean you're getting a good deal! Within 24 hours she was trying to find a new home for "George" the pig. Luckily for her, George found a home.....with Zac! I gracefully bowed out when asked if George could come live with me (I have enough little piglets on my hands at this point) and Zac & Stephanie stepped up and decided they would give it a go....for now. We all got a big kick out of watching them try to wrangle a harness onto that poor little pig and then they took him for a little walk about the place on his very own leash! The kids will be the first to tell you that that little bitty pig can sure make a LOT of noise! hahaha I wasn't able to take many pictures on Saturday as I was suffering from a horrendous case of allergies...put a little pollen in the air and mix it with animal dander and you have one sneezing, sniffling, asthma attack waiting to happen with me. But, here are a few that I did happen to catch.

George the pig finally made his debut (the kids could not wait any longer to meet him) but he sure wasn't very happy about being seen!
They all wanted to hold him and pet him so badly...George had his own idea about that though.....
Notice Trevor's fingers in his ears....that little pig sure put up a fuss! Zac was trying (not too successfully) to put a harness on that thing...boy he can squeal loudly!
The kids all had a great time just playing in the sand plot
The big hit was Mom and Craig's new toy...a '72 MG Midget! I have to say that I sooooo want one of these! Such a cool little ride...we all took turns having GrandDad take us for a spin! All I can say is 20mph feels like 70 in this thing....it doesn't even come up to my hip and we all know I'm vertically challenged at a mear 5ft!
I did, of course, lend a hand on desserts and made some cakes for Craig (it was also his 50th birthday) and Zac. This 8 ball is about 7in tall and about 6in diameter. All the kids wanted to eat a piece of the big ball cake!
Zac got the "lady" cake. What guy doesn't want a girl in a bikini on his birthday? Instead of having one jump out of a cake....we just gave him the edible kind! haha Needless to say, this one was a hit with all the "big" boys. haha

0 comments: