Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us

Nine years ago today something wonderful happened to me...I became a wife! On May 27, 2000 Donovan and I pledged to love and honor each other til death do us part. We, like so many before us, were young and in love and looking towards our future as man and wife. We said our vows, celebrated with our friends and families, and went off to make our own way in this world. It's been a bumpy road along the way, full of ups, downs, and blind curves. At times it seems like it was just yesterday that I was a fresh-faced high school graduate who fell head over heels for the older, exciting guy.....then there are days when it feels like it all happened eons ago! I can't imagine walking through life with any other person and I thank God for putting him in my path. We started out as just us two and in a mere 9 years we have been gifted with 3 amazing sons to share our lives with. I can't wait to see what our future holds for us now..


The way we were......so young and in love :-P

May 27, 2000......ready to start our lives together!

9 years later....not so young anymore but still very much in love!

The better parts of both of us....our amazing boys!

Our family on the steps where it all started.....Easter 2009

2 comments:

nan said...

HAPPY ANIVERSARY...LOVE YOU ALL....NAN

Becky said...

Congratulations! You guys are truly blessed with your family.