Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Better late than Never!!

I know, I know, I've been slacking horribly lately on my blogging. I have, unfortunately, had a lot going on lately and that has included a temporary bout of bed rest. So, I am finally posting some of our pictures from the 4th! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day, it was gorgeous and not at all like the past couple of years. The weather was perfect and the kids had a blast! We spent the first part of the day at Aunt Alice's house and the kids took turns blowing off firecrackers with the "big kids". Finally, for the first time, Trevor wasn't terrified of the fireworks and even set off a few of his own! It was so cute to watch the boys...they were being so careful lighting them and then they'd sprint away like it was chasing them. I was so proud of Ian, he did a great job on his fireworks and we didn't have a single mishap all day. That evening we all packed up and headed to our house for a catfish fry (thanks to Donovan's many, many trips to the river) and more fireworks. Since we live only a few blocks from the golf course, we have a perfect view of the city's fireworks. We had quite a few people camped out in our yard that evening to watch the show and it was fantastic! I wish my camera had been working properly so i could have had more pictures to show, but there are few here for you to check out. Hope everyone had a great time!

Trevor gets a little help from Jess
Smoke bombs are always a favorite!
Time for the punk to change hands again!
Being sooo careful with his smoke bomb:-)
Hmmm, what's in this box?
Cheese!!!!
What to do next???
The one and only night shot I was able to take of Ian with his sparkler
Just a few of the city's fantastic show!

The beginning of the finale...wish I had gotten a video of it!

0 comments: