Wednesday, June 11, 2008

From the hallowed halls of Jasper High....

This past weekend I celebrated my 10 year Class Reunion. I can't believe it's been 10 years!! Wow, the time has really flown by since I had children. It was alot of work to put together, but between my best friends Mary and Jenifer, we got the job done. We split the day up into two parts. We had a family day at the park for the first part and I put my wonderful husband to work making ice cream for the group...3 big tubs full to be exact! It was so much fun to watch all of our kids playing together like we did once upon a time. Believe it or not, but they all got along and we didn't hear one single argument between the lot of them! They had a blast even though it was quite warm and windy that day. After we packed up from the park, we dropped off the kids with Grandma and headed to a restaurant in Joplin for "grownup" time. Now, I graduated with an extremely small class...28 to be exact. We were the smallest class to graduate from Jasper High since the 1950's. Unfortunately only 14 of us showed up for the reunion, but it was still a great day. I loved being a part of that small of a group, we were all pretty good friends upon graduation and we still had that comraderie 10 years later. We had a great time catching up and making a whole new set of memories to talk about 10 more years from now.

The kids all taking turns on the small slides
Trevor really loved the small slides...the big ones scare him!
Ian kept his eyes open all day for Jen's daughter, Shirley

Ian and Trevor helping Shirley up the stairs to the slide
Brothers love to slide together!!
Of course, so do best friends!!
Donovan, Jen's husband Cory, and I just enjoying the evening at Timberline
My handsome husband
My fellow classmates....10 year Reunion!

We all had such a great time with each other...can't wait to do it all again!

0 comments: